Flash templates - sweet poison. There are many aspects of flash templates which you should take into consideration before using a flash template for your website. I will try to discuss some, so that I can make your life easy. Let's start with advantages:
1. Interactive - Flash templates are much more interactive and impressive than HTML ones. With a good idea and better presentation you can convince your viewer, which you are not able to achieve with . No body wants to crawl through lengthy text, they want moving pictures, sounds to explain them your point. A flash site is able to lure the viewer for coming back again.
2. Artistic - Exploration area of flash is much vaster than HTML. Wild thoughts can be put to work to get amazing work. You can have a look at top most flash sites and they will amaze you as never before.
3. 2 in 1 - First you present a media add before your customer and second you provide information about yourself. And it costs you much less than the other media which you use for advertising
4. Audio/video integration - Your video and audio files can easily be integrated to your flash site without using much space and without using those odd looking plug-in players.
5. Bye-Bye distracting refreshes - The full site is loaded in one go. And after that its smooth drive.
Now disadvantages :( I never like these)
1. Crawling - That's a major problem which flash sites are facing today. As flash is a compiled file, which search engines can't decompile to read your text. If you want to provide a lot of information, just relax, use HTML.
2. Most of the flash templates have very less space to provide information. If you try to force more text design will commit suicide. I will never want that to happen, do you?
3. Loading time - No, one likes that including me. Think of a guy on a 64k. He will shoot you. Trust me he will never come to your site again.
4. Flash plug-in - A small stone. But it bothers some who don't like creativity. They want simple text scrolling around. It's very difficult to change there mind. And they will never pay you for your work.
Conclusion - Yeah, I know you need a simple way out. I will try to show you three. Divide your site into two parts flash and HTML. One part for advertisement and other for information. Second integrate flash into HTML (my favorite). Third, little desperate, put all your text into Meta tags (not appropriate but you can try) html templates